Pokemon RP Kings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
We are temporarily closed!
to the Elix Region!

We're a role playing forum based on the anime/manga/videogame Pokemon. Please read the Newbie's Guide to help get started on our site. If you have any questions please come into the chat box. We love meeting potential members! ♥

Summertime
!

The >Elix Region has been hit with the summertime's harsh heat. Flowers bloom, leaves turn a bright green, and the sky is entirely blue.~

Cam! || Crust! || Sarah!

None yet.
Credits

The skin is provided by Forumotion and is called Dulce Maria, it was tweaked by Cam especially for Elix. The graphics and the coding for the sidebar is also by Cam.

Prologue;

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cecilia Valentin
Trainer
Cecilia Valentin

IC Information
Class:
Pokemon on-hand:

Prologue; Empty
PostSubject: Prologue;   Prologue; EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:22 pm

A hot wind rustled the leaves of the trees in Praz Town, threatening to blow map straight out of one Cecilia Valentin's hands as she wandered around in search of the Pokémon Lab. Every region had one, though she had never personally visited one before, having received her first Pokémon from her brother rather than a Professor.

She glanced down at her hip, a frown settling on her lips. The six Poké Balls containing her beloved team were gone, left back at home in the care of her family. She couldn't possibly hope to retrieve them while she was in an entirely new region, but the Poké Gear she had brought with her would serve as her means of communication back to her family and anyone else who needed to keep in touch with her. Except for Youngster Joey. She had deleted him.

Heaving a sigh, Cecilia stuffed the map into the bag she carried slung over her shoulder and marched toward the largest building in the small town, hoping that it was the Pokémon Lab. She raised a hand and knocked tentatively on the door, leaning slightly to one side in an attempt to peek inconspicuously into the window. Her view was obscured by curtains, but she could just make out a few figures milling about inside the building.

"Hello? Is this the Elix region Pokémon Lab?"
Back to top Go down
http://iamafreakingunicorn.tumblr.com
Sarah
Contest Director
Sarah

IC Information
Class:
Pokemon on-hand:

Prologue; Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue;   Prologue; EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:51 pm

Professor Pine sighed. He hadn't expected this to come about. He and the assistants were having their bi-monthly meeting to talk about any news in the Researching World, or if some things needed be changed, their jobs, etc. Today one of the assistants, Marie, had caught a big attitude with her long time boyfriend, Joseph during the meeting. The professor sighed, ordering them to go work out whatever was going on before they could continue with the meeting. He could still hear their yelling down the hallway, near the back door.

He sat at the large table up front near the entrance, the rest of the assistants seeing this as an opportunity to go and finish their work. He took off his glasses, wondering for the one thousandth time why he wanted to have his own lab. He did have an offer to join with another professor before, but something had made him change his mind. Nevertheless, he sat there with his face in his hands, trying to have a few moments of peace and quiet when he heard a light knock on the door. The professor assumed it was a trainer or someone dropping off a package.

He put on his glasses, straightened out his lab coat and opened the door to see a girl there, looking in the windows. "Uhh, can I help you?" He scowled, then smiled quickly, wondering if was just trying to see if anyone was in there. "I'm Professor Pine, and yes this is the Pokemon Lab. Please, come in." He nodded, shaking her hand and leading her in the lab.

"So what brings you here?"
Back to top Go down
Cecilia Valentin
Trainer
Cecilia Valentin

IC Information
Class:
Pokemon on-hand:

Prologue; Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue;   Prologue; EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:43 pm

A muffled male voice preceded the door swinging inward, revealing a slightly disgruntled-looking young man. Cecilia's hazel eyes darted up and down, an eyebrow raising skeptically as he claimed to be the Professor of the region. Though she had never personally met Professor Birch, she was aware that he was a stodgy old codger with a thing for young boys, not some hot young thing. She shrugged to herself and brushed a strand of hair out of her face. If the Professor was this attractive, who was to say that the rest of the region wasn't similarly beauteous?

"My name is Cecilia," she replied finally, hoping that her momentary silence hadn't been noticed. "I come from the Sinnoh region in hopes of besting your League and become Champion again. I was told that if I wanted to start a journey, this was the place to do it."

She shuffled in her bag and withdrew a trainer card, holding it up for Professor Pine to see. Glancing at it, she discovered that her old team hadn't yet been wiped, nor had her status as gym leader. Her Gengar's maniacal grin flashed at her from the top spot of her roster, followed by her Electivire, Lucario, Luxray, Metagross, and Blastoise. "I'll be needing a new trainer card as well, it seems," she added, picking at the photo-stickers depicting her team with her eyes still fixed analytically on Pine's face.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Contest Director
Sarah

IC Information
Class:
Pokemon on-hand:

Prologue; Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue;   Prologue; EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:02 pm

Usually when trainers visited him, they were all hyped up and ready to get out on their journey as soon as possible. It was easy to understand, especially if they were older and wanted to see as much of the region as possible. When Cecelia told him she was from Sinnoh and hoping to become Champion again, he gawked slightly. She seemed so calm and collected when she finally told him; which he had noticed the silence before she spoke. Did she notice something strange? He shrugged the thought off and focused on her Trainer Card that she held up before him. This team....oh! He remembered exactly watching highlights from Sinnoh's League and seeing her face as she became the new Champion! He suddenly smiled and had a new appreciation for her. She had decided to start over, in this region!

The professor knew he would have to keep a close eye on her from now on. "Yes, Ms. Valentin. Your battles were always a joy to watch." He laughed, handing her back her card and motioning her to follow. "Well, if you're in need, we have many starters for you to choose from. He reached a door and smiled at her before walking in and turning on the light. It revealed to show a large touch screen, showing tons of starter choices for pokemon. He pressed something on it and the pictures lined up in number on the pokedex, scrolling slowly across the screen. Professor Pine grinned at each of them, knowing moments like these made him glad to be a researcher. He turned to Cecelia expectantly, "Found the one for you?".
Back to top Go down
Cecilia Valentin
Trainer
Cecilia Valentin

IC Information
Class:
Pokemon on-hand:

Prologue; Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue;   Prologue; EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 pm

Cecilia watched as her identity clicked with the young Professor, his visage changing from general disinterest to a slightly impressed smile as he handed her card back. "Thank you very much," she replied, nodding slightly. "I appreciate that."

She followed the dark-haired man into a room filled with a large touch screen that seemed to display an abbreviated version of the Pokédex. Cecilia stepped forward, pressing a finger to one of the pictures and a small amount of data was pulled up as it stopped on that one. A small frown touched her lips as she studied the database scrolling by her, looking at all the pictures. There were familiar Pokémon, yes, but some of them were stranger and more wonderful than she had ever imagined. What was a Scraggy? Where did he find the exceedingly rare Weedle? She glanced up at the Professor, an eyebrow raised. This new region must have held more new experiences than she had ever dreamed of if Pokémon that she had never heard of, much less seen, were given away freely as starter Pokémon. "You have quite a selection," she said casually, trying to sound questioning but not accusatory, and probably failing.

When she returned her eyes to the screen, they were immediately drawn by the picture of a small, sturdily built dog-type Pokémon with black stripes and a mane of cream-colored fur. This was another Pokémon she had never seen before because she had no FireRed to Dongle with, but she could already tell she liked it. She reached out and stopped the rotation on this Pokémon - Growlithe, #58 in the national Pokédex.

"This one," Cecilia said, looking up at the Professor. Though her lips weren't smiling, her eyes were. "Male, if you can manage it. Can you tell me anything about the little buggers? I've never seen one, myself."

ooc; Basically, she's never seen anything that can't be found naturally in the Sinnoh region, which includes Weedle for some reason. XD
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Contest Director
Sarah

IC Information
Class:
Pokemon on-hand:

Prologue; Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue;   Prologue; EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:58 am

As the professor watched her look through his list of starter choices, he studied her face carefully. Every time he showed a trainer this, he had to see if there was a specific type or pokemon that seemed to catch everyone's attention. What surprised him though, was that she chose a Growlithe. Not that it was bad choice; because it was was a really good one; but she didn't seem like the Growlithe type of girl. Then again, she was a Champion before, and they had a variety of pokemon. She nodded, while she went over to a computer nearby and press a few buttons and move a few things.

"It's a male. Only a few selected of our pokemon here are females. And I would say Growlithes are very loyal and trustworthy. The downside would be that they can be very territorial, and that's not always a good thing, honestly. Overall, I would say that as long as you treat it right, it'll be ten times better to you. The professor smiled as a pokemon ball was revealed when the machine electronically transferred it, and he grabbed it and opened it. "As far as not meeting one... There you go." He opened up the ball and the canine-like pokemon popped and and saw the professor. It perked up until it saw Cecelia, and its eyes grew bigger and it began sniffing her for any danger and to get to know her.. "Get acquainted! I'll be right back with the other things for the start of your journey!"

He left quickly, leaving the Growlithe and the girl. He hoped Michael wouldn't go in there and try to flirt with her; because that's just the guy he was. Unfortunately, Michael spied on the two of them and then went to go make his move while Ms. Hot Stuff was in there. He leaned against the door frame, "I have a Snubbull you know. Maybe we could arrange a doggy playdate?", he winked at her, making his way across the room in a non-cool way.

{Michael's an assistant if that wasn't apparent XD, and he's the "cool guy" of the bunch. About as much cool as you can get with a guy who takes three kinds of medicine, carries an inhaler, and who's favorite pokemon is Dunsparce.}
Back to top Go down
Cecilia Valentin
Trainer
Cecilia Valentin

IC Information
Class:
Pokemon on-hand:

Prologue; Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue;   Prologue; EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:59 pm

Cecilia listened carefully to Professor Pine's explanation, nodding occasionally. Canine Pokémon tended to be loyal and brave, with the exception, perhaps, of Mightyena. When she heard the familiar sound of a Poké Ball transferring from a computer, she leaned forward, grinning involuntarily. Even after all these years, she still loved Pokémon more than anything and the idea of befriending another one excited her. The Professor opened the ball and out popped a little orange-and-black pup with a poofy mane of cream-colored fur.

"Will do!" Cecilia said hurriedly as Pine turned to go, waving without looking at him. Her gold-flecked eyes were fixed on the Pokémon before her as it snuffled around her feet. She knelt and held a hand out for the Growlithe to smell, smiling at the wet sensation his moist black nose left on her palm. "Hey, little guy. You're going to be with me from now on," she said, gingerly lifting her hand and patting the Pokémon on the head. He yapped excitedly, licking her hand. His fluffy tail began to wag violently, so much so that his entire rear end swayed with it. "I'm glad you like the idea," Cecilia laughed, patting the puppy more confidently. "You need a nickname… I think I'll call you… Caligula. You look like you'll grow up to be big and strong, huh?"

The duo's bonding time was cut short, however, as another person slipped in the door, making a pass at the girl. She watched his movement with an eyebrow raised, her new Growlithe also eyeing him with what could only be described as extreme bafflement. "Snubbull, huh?" she replied, patting her poor confused Pokémon on the head and choosing to ignore the young man's unfortunate twitching eye. She had always been told never to make fun of trainers with disabilities. "Those are rare where I come from. I'm sure that if I ever come back through here while I'm training Caligula would like that very much, hm?" She looked expectantly at her Pokémon, who tilted his chin into his chest, eyes wide and pointed innocently upward, and shook his head very rapidly in an unmistakable 'nuh-uh'. "Oh. Never mind, then." She looked back up at him and shrugged as she had done nothing more than decline a piece of gum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prologue; Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue;   Prologue; Empty

Back to top Go down

Prologue;
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon RP Kings :: Elix Region :: Praz Town :: Professor Pine's Lab-
Jump to: